Great for the money
THE PHONE WAS NOT UNLOCKED! I had to pay Metro PCS an extra $100 (which i feel should be refunded) just to unlock it and the guy who unlocked it for me said that it looked like the phone was used although it looked brand new to me and the orginal packaging looked like it hadn't been tampered with so i dont know who to believe. But, he said other than that i got a good deal being that Metro sells the same phone for $800. The phone is nice. I love that its yellow
Still getting use to the phone but so far it seems great. Battery discharges faster but it could be that I'm working it a lot transferring and managing files.
I chose this for the size and because I have had a number of previous Galaxys. The reviews said the camera was good. It is not. There are a ton of modes, but none seem to make perfect sense. The standard photo mode has a weird compression method and the images look blobby. I thought saving in "RAW" as well as JPG would allow me to get around that, but the raw is VERY grainy and when I bring it into photoshop to "smooth" it, the weird compression artifacts come into play again. What's the point of having 12K pixels if you are not going to use them right? Anything shot at the zoom looks weird from the compression. The standard "photo" mode (where most things are automatic) does not have the option to change the exposure (+ or -) which every other phone camera (and for that matter digital camera) has, so you have to use Pro mode which then makes you set everything else manually (white balance, etc) which is extremely difficult when outdoors since it is hard to see the screen in the sun. My Galaxy S5 mini took WAY better pictures and I was hoping this one would be even better. These are probably the worst photos I have ever gotten from any phone camera and I have been using cell phones since Samsung integrated the Palm Pilot!
Just a great phone for all the features I personally needs, comparing to pixel 3:- Compact size, approximately same size, but with a larger and better screen- Dual sim, as Verizon turn to GSM, it worked well with my Verizon and another Chinese sim- Good system, One UI 2 is better with all the feature- Battery life, as good- Camera, very good, not as perfect as Pixel 3
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - 4G LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) - Global - Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) > (ensure to check compatibility with your carrier before purchase).
- 5.8” Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (2280x1440) 438 ppi HDR10+ certified) - Android 9.0 (Pie) - Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame - IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins) > Not advised for beach or pool use - Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side, Galaxy S10e).
- 128GB + 6GB RAM - microSD, up to 512 GB - 64-bit Octa-Core Processor - Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery.
- Main (REAR) Dual camera:12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide) + 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide) - Selfie (FRONT) camera:10 MP, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF - OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) - Video:4K UHD video recording at 60 fps (3840x2160) - VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabilization).
- Factory Unlocked cellphones are compatible with most of the GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.